+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a pointer?

What is a pointer?

Hello friends,

I am a webmaster and i want to know that what is a pointer?

Thanks.

Hello,
    Pointer is a user defined data type, which creates special types of variables, which can hold the address of primitive data type.

Pointer is a different from normal variable. It is a variable that is point to another variable. it means pointer hold memory address of another a variable.

Ok ,I know it ...Thank you for your sharing..

In computer science, a pointer is a programming language data type whose value refers directly to another value stored elsewhere in the computer memory using its address.

Last edited by catty3979; 07-30-2012 at 12:15 PM.

A pointer is a special kind of variable in C and C++ that holds the address of another variable.
    Pointers and arrays are two sides of the same coin. To write any kind of non trivial application in C, pointers are needed.

In computer science, a pointer is a programming language data type whose value refers directly to (or "points to") another value stored elsewhere in the computer memory using its address. For high-level programming languages, pointers effectively take the place of general purpose registers in low-level languages such as assembly language or machine code, but may be in available memory.

+ Reply to Thread